Monday, April 25, 2011

How I Became an EMO GIRL



Do think that you know what it means to be emo? sure, you know that emo kids cut themselves, but do you know why? are you emo? is your friend?
Emo is short for emotional; and no, not all emo people cut themselves, but i do.
The first time that i cut myself was when i was 15. I felt alone, unwanted, under-appreciated, hurt, depressed, and sad. i was always made fun of, my family could care less. everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. When i was younger, i had everything. i was smart, popular, preppy, and beautiful. it wasn't until later when the cliques, groups, and scenes emerged, that i fell off my pedistool. the change was drastic. at first, i was one of the most respected people in the school, neighborhood, and in my family, but as my experience of life increased, my popularity decreased.....and before i knew it, the number of my friends started to dwindle, the relationship with my family started to fade, and my grades were slipping. everything that i had was gone in an instant. my life sucked!
i was hurting all the time, i was alone and i was always crying, and most of the time for no reason. one day when i came home from school, i saw a knife laying on the counter. i picked it up, and stared at its blade. all of these emotions flew threw me, and i blindly started cutting myself. I didn't realizewhat i had done until i was drenched in my own blood. After the cuts stopped bleeding, i counted all 12 lacerations. i felt satisfied. i had discovered the only pain that i could control. and every time i was upset, i would cut my self. Weapon of choice......kitchen knife, but when i didn't have access to one, i would use scissors, broken glass, razor blades, exacto knife, anything i could find.

this continued on for about years, until one of sweetest friend came in my life.he didn't know about the 210 more that were safely hidden beneath my clothing but he tried his best to stop me and now after 1 year the same friend made me mad to this extent.i am back to my self. now my life is fucked up!
I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

  1. Same situation Here... My Life is Fucked up...& I hate my self and i hate that I'm so needy.. Whatever what If it Does Life Goes On...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but relate to you wholeheartedly. I can't deal with my stresses and always cut myself once a week; but I know it hurts a lot (for me, I mean). However, I feel better than I should.

    ReplyDelete